Webroot antivirus is the best security software which safeguards your gadgets from all kind of online threat like spyware, Trojans, rootkits, ransomware and also from phishing attacks etc. It is very easy to use but some users face error like Webroot error code 100 while installing Webroot antivirus in their devices. This error crashes your computer system or fully slow down the working of your Computer. In this blog, you will read the reason and solution of Webroot Error Code 100.
Causes of Webroot Error Code 100:
The causes of the Webroot Error Code 100 are Incomplete, or corrupted installation of the Webroot antivirus Software, may be the computer Windows Registry Entries gets Corrupted, files related to the Webroot Antivirus Software has been infected with malware or viruses and also if the files related to the Webroot have been mistakenly deleted.
Solution To Fix Webroot Error Code 100:
1: Repair Windows Registry Entries:
- For this, first you have to click on the Start button and then press Window+ R key to open the run dialog box.
- After this, you have to type CMD or Command in it.
- Then you have to press the Ctrl+ Shift keys at the same time and then just click on Yes button to allow the permission.
- Here in the Run Dialog box, you should type “regedit”, and then hit on enter key just to open Registry Editor.
- Now you have to select the Webroot Error 100 in the search box and then go to that key, in the Registry Editor.
- After this, under the Export option of the File Menu you have to click on the “Save In” list and then select the folder to save the backup key.
- Here you have to type the name of your file and then select the Selected Branch from the Export Range.
- Then you have to click on Save option to save the backup key with the .reg extension.
- Now the backup key is successfully saved. At the end, just check the error is still persist or not.
2: System Restore:
1. For doing, System restore you have to go to the Start button and just click on it.
2. After this, you just have to type “System Restore” in the search box and then press the enter key.
3. Now it will prompt you to enter the administrator password and username. You just have to Enter the credentials.
4. Here you will see the system restore window, and follow the instructions to complete the procedure.
5. Now you have to make the restore point, then select from the list and after this, click on Ok button to continue.
6. Wait for the Restore process to complete and then just check the error is fixed or not.
3: Clean Up Temp Files:
1. First you have to open the Run dialog box just by pressing the Windows + R key altogether.
2. Now you have to type in the Run dialog box %Temp% and then tap on enter key.
3. After this, you just have to Select all the files and folder, and tap on delete button to delete all.
4. Wait for sometime so that the process complete.
5. At last, check the error is fixed or not.
6. If incase, you find the error then you can do process of installation and uninstallation again on your device to resolve the error.
This method will help you to solve the Webroot Error Code 100, if you are still facing the error then you can visit to the site of Webroot for details.