Trend Micro is the useful software which secures your device from internet threat and scans the data timely. But users faces issues so in this blog, you will read the solution of the Trend Micro Error Code 331.
Symptoms of Trend Micro Error 331:
The symptoms of Trend Micro Error 331 are when it blocks the active program window, if your PC crashes frequently with error 331, Trend Micro Error Code 331 appears on your screen, Windows responds slowly and if your computer system hangs for a few seconds.
Causes of Trend Micro Error 331:
The causes of Trend Micro Error Code 331 are due to corrupt download or incomplete installation of the Trend Micro software, corruption in the Windows registry entry, and also if virus or malware has corrupted the Windows system files.
Solution To Fix Trend Micro Error 331:
- Repair Registry Entry linked with Error 331: First, click on the Start button and then type “command” in the search field. After this, press Ctrl + Shift key on your keyboard and tap on Enter key. It will ask for permission, here you have to click on Yes option. Now, it opens up a black box with a blinking cursor in it. Here, you should type “regedit”, and just tap on Enter key. At this point, in the Registry Editor, you should select the Error 331-related key which you wish to back up. Then in the File menu, you should choose Export option. Now in “Save As” list, you should select the folder where you want to save your Trend Micro backup key. Here in the File Name box, just type the name of your backup file. In the Export Range box, just ensure that “Selected Branch” is selected. After this, click on Save and remember save the file with a .reg file extension. At last, the backup of the registry entry of Trend Micro is successfully saved.
- Clean out System Junk Files: You should click on the Start menu. Then, write “command” in the search box and press Enter key. After this, just press and hold Ctrl + Shift key on your keyboard and hit on Enter key. Now in the permission window, just click on Yes option. Here, you will view a box with blinking cursor. At this point, you should type “cleanmgr”, and tap on Enter key. Disk Cleanup will begin calculate the occupied space. Now in the Disk Cleanup window, you can select the checkbox which you want to clean. Generally, in most cases “Temporary Files” occupies the maximum space. At the end, just click on OK button.
- Utilize Window System Restore: For this, click the Start option and type “System Restore” in the search field and click on Enter key. Then in the results, click on System Restore. After this, just enter administrator passwords. Here, you should follow the wizard to select a restore point. At the end, you should restore your computer system.
- Run Window System File Checker: Click on the Start option and just write “command” in the search box. Then press CTRL + SHIFT key in your keyboard altogether and hit on Enter key. After this, click on Yes option in the prompt dialog box. With a blinking cursor, black box will open. You just have to write “sfc / scannow”, and tap on Enter key. Now, the System File Checker will start scanning your device. At last, just follow the on-screen commands to complete the process.
- Uninstall and Install Trend Micro Antivirus: If in case, your 331 error is linked with a particular program, then you should first uninstall Trend Micro Antivirus. After uninstalling, you should again try to reinstall Trend Micro Antivirus in your computer system.
- Install Window Updates: Just click on Start and then type “update” in the search box and press the Enter Key. Here, you will view the Windows Update window. If updates are available, just click on the Install Updates button.
The above method will help you to fix the Trend Micro Error Code 331. If you are still facing the issues, then you can anytime contact to the expert of Trend Micro Antivirus software.