Bitdefender is the well known software and gives you the user friendly interface. But some users face the error code 1002, this error occur due to there is a virus attacks on your PC through the internet and any file of Bitdefender delete mistakenly. It also occurs because of the corrupt or incomplete installation of Bitdefender antivirus. The symptoms of this error are your system becomes slow and sluggish. And also there is frequent crashes and freezes in your PC. In this blog, you will read the solution of this Bitdefender Error Code 1002.
To Fix the Bitdefender Antivirus Error Code 1002:
- Scan For Malware:
- First you have to press Window +I key to open Windows Settings app and then you have to click on Update and Security option.
- Now, you have to select Windows Security from the left column.
- Under the protection area column, you have to click on Virus & threat protection.
- Now you have to select the Run a new advanced scan option.
- After this, you have to choose the radio button of Full scan and then just click on Scan now button.
- Wait for sometime so that Windows Defender completes its scanning task. When it found any malware, it will remove it immediately.
- Run Disk Clean Up to Clean Out Junk:
- Go to the search bar and then you have to type cmd.exe in the box. Now, just right-click on Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.
- If a UAC ask for consent, then you have to click on Yes option.
- Now you have to type cleanmgr after blinking C: \WINDOWS\system> and then press Enter key.
- Here you have to select the drive which you want to clean from the dialog box and then just click on OK button.
- Update Your Device Driver:
- First, press the Windows button and then you have to choose ‘settings’ from the list.
- Now, in the setting, you have to select update and security option to update the driver.
- Then, you have to choose the option check for updates to check the latest updates.
- When you update the drivers, you have to reboot your computer system. Now, you just check the error still persists or not.
4. Run System File Checker:
1. First, you have to open Command Prompt as admin.
2. Then you have to type sfc/scannow after blinking cursor and then just press Enter key on your keyboard.
3. This will scan your computer and gives you the status of your system.
5. Re-install Bitdefender:
1. For reinstalling, you have to right-click on the Start button and then select Settings.
2. Now you have to click on Apps.
3. Here, go to the right pane and then you have to scroll down to get Bitdefender Total Security. When you find it, click on it and then select Uninstall.
4. Now you will see the pop-up come up, you have to again click on Uninstall for final confirmation.
5. After this, try to install Bitdefender antivirus again in your system.
This will fix the Bitdefender error code 1002 but in case, if you are still facing any issue the you can call the expert any time from any place.