AVG antivirus is the great security software which helps to scan the data which is stored in your device. But some users face issues while installing AVG product. In this blog, you will read the solution of AVG Error Code 0xE0018E28.
Solution To Fix AVG Error Code 0xE0018E28:
1. Close Conflicting Programs:
1. First, you should open Task Manager just by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time.
2. Now, you can see the list of programs which are presently running in your device.
3. Then, you should go to the Processes tab and after this, stop the programs.
4. At this point, you should click on the End Process option.
5. Just see that the error message will reoccur each time when you stop the process.
6. In case, you have identified the program which is causing the error then you can reinstall the application.
2. Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs:
- By using Control Panel, on Windows 7, you should click on the Start option and then just click on Control panel. Now, you should click on Uninstall a program.
- On Windows 8, you should click on the Start option and just you should scroll down and click on More Settings options. After this, you should click on Control panel. Now, just select Uninstall a program.
- On Windows 10, you should type Control Panel in the search bar and then you should click on the result. After this, just click on Uninstall a program.
- Now in Programs and Features option, you should click on the problem program and just click on Update or Uninstall.
- In case, you click on update, then you should follow the instruction to finish the process. But if you have chosen to Uninstall, then you have to follow the directions to uninstall and then you should re-download or reinstall the program.
3. Update Your Virus Protection:
You should update your Virus protection software because Virus infection can be the cause of this AVG error in your device. After, updating the virus program and then you should run a scan in your device. You must run the Windows update also just to fix all the security flaws in your gadget.
4. Re-install Runtime Libraries:
- You should select Programs and Features option.
- Then, you should find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Now, you should click on Uninstall option.
- At last, just reboot your device and then download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft. And after this, just install it on your device.
5. Run Disk Clean up:
- You should back up your files and just free up space on your hard drive.
- After this, just clear your cache and then reboot your computer system.
- Now, you should run Disk Cleanup, and just open your explorer window.
- Here, you should right click on your main directory which is usually C: . At the end, just click on Properties and then click on Disk Cleanup.
6. Reinstall Graphic Driver:
- You should open your Device Manager, and then just locate the graphics driver.
- Now, you should right click on the video card driver and then just click on uninstall option.
- At last, you should restart your computer.
7. IE Related Runtime Error:
In this, you should reset your browser. Then you should disable script debugging and also error notifications.
This method will help you to solve AVG Error Code 0xE0018E28. In case, you still have any kind of issues then you can anytime call the customer care of AVG antivirus. For detail information about AVG, you can visit to the site via www.avg.com/retail.