Webroot antivirus is one of the best antiviruses which safeguard your device from all kind of internet scams like malware and viruses. But some people encounter problem like Webroot Error Code 1706 while installing Webroot in their device. In this blog, you will read the causes and solution of Webroot Error Code 1706.
Causes for the Webroot Error Code 1706:
The causes of the Webroot Error Code 1706 are invalid credential details like username or email id, Invalid password, Invalid username; browser is infected and if both email id and password are not valid.
Solution to Fix the Webroot Error 1706:
1: Restart your Computer System:
1. To restart your computer system, you have to click on the Start button or you can also press the window key which is located at the bottom left corner of the computer screen.
2. Here from the dropdown menu, you have to select the Shut Down option and then just select the Restart option from it.
3. Now you have to wait for sometime so that the system restarts and then you should login to your Webroot account.
If the problem is still there, then you can go to the next step or you can contact to the Webroot expert.
2: Reset Your Webroot Password:
1. When you enter the login details like username and password to the Webroot website and you receive the Webroot Error 1706.
2. Then you have to click on the option for Forgot Password, which is there on the computer screen.
3. After clicking on the Forgot Password link, you have to follow the all the instructions to reset the password.
4. Then it will prompt you to enter the registered email id, so that you can get the reset password link on your email ID.
5. Now, you have to open your email which you received from the Webroot team for resetting the password, and then you have to use that link to change your password.
6. At the end, you have to reset the password and just login to your Webroot account.
At last, check the error is fixed or not. If the error is still there then you have to move to next step or contact Webroot contact.
Read Also – Easy Method To Resolve Webroot Error Code 100
3: Resetting Internet Settings:
This error can be caused by the slow speed or poor internet connection.
- For resetting the internet settings, you have to close all the open applications including your web browser and then you should open Internet Explorer.
- After this, you have to select Internet options from the list.
- Now, under the Advanced tab, you should click on the Reset option.
- You have to click on Yes or Continue option, when it prompts for the confirmation to continue the process.
- When the procedure complete, you should restart your computer system to save the changes which you have made.
At last, check the Webroot Error 1706 is fixed or not. This method will solve the Webroot Error Code 1706. In case, if the error still persists then you can visit to official website of Webroot antivirus