Trend Micro antivirus is the popular security software which gives protection from external threat. It protects your device from malware, viruses, Trojans, rootkits, ransomware and also from phishing attacks. You can use this antivirus on Window OS, Mac, Computer, Laptops and Android Phones. It is easy to use but users find some issues while installing this antivirus in their devices like Trend Micro Error Code 311. This error basically found in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP PC and laptops.
The symptoms of the Trend Micro Error Code 311 are basically incomplete installation, not activating the setup and also when Window PC gets slow and sluggish. In this blog, you will read the solution of Trend Micro Error Code 311.
Causes Of Trend Micro Error Code 311:
The causes of Trend Micro Error Code 311 are Download corruption of antivirus, Windows registry corruption, in case you are not visiting the correct download page of trendmicro bestbuypc official and also if your system is affected by viruses and malware. This error also occurs if there is missing Trend Micro related setup files
Solution To Fix the Trend Micro Error Code 311:
1. Repair Window Registries Associated With Error 311:
1. First, you should go to start option, then type command in the search box.
2. Press CTRL+ Shift+ Enter keys at the same time and then type “regedit” and tap on enter key.
3. Now in opened Registry Editor, you should choose the Error 311 linked key.
4. Here from the File menu, you should click on Export option and then you have to choose the location through the Save In list.
5. After this, on the Filename box, you have to type the back-up file name.
6. Then on the Export Range menu, you have to choose the Selected branch and just click on Save option.
7. You have to save the file with a .reg file extension, and now you successfully get the back up of your registry entry.
2. Initiate Full Malware Scan:
This error also occurs because of the malware infection in your PC. So you must completely scan your PC to get rid of malware infection. As malware corrupts and damage the files and folders of your device. For installing, Trend Micro antivirus you must remove the malware from your device.
3. Clean up System Junk Files:
1. You should go to the Start option, and write command in the search box.
2. Then, you have to press CTRL+ Shift+ Enter keys.
3. Here, you have to click on Yes button to give permission in the dialog box.
4. Now, type “regedit” and press Enter key.
5. After this, Disk Cleanup will calculate the free space on your disk.
6. You have to select Temporary Files as it occupies most of the space.
7. Here, you can also tick mark on the checkboxes of the categories which you want to remove.
8. At the end, you have to click on OK button and all your junk files will be cleaned up.
4: Update Device Drivers:
- First you should go to the start option, and then you have to open Device Manager.
- Now, click on the “Expand icon” and just you have to choose the device.
- Then you have to right-click and then hold it.
- After this, you should choose “Update Driver.”
- Here, it will search the available driver updates, and then you can update it.
5: Additional Solution to Fix The Error:
- You should restore your computer.
- You can reinstall the Trend Micro antivirus.
- You can also Run the system file checker on windows. (sfc /scannow)
This method will help you to solve the Trend Micro Error Code 311. In case, you want any kind of details then you can go to the site of Trend Micro Antivirus.