Most of the Microsoft Outlook errors occur because of the Outlook setting issues or PST file errors. But, sometimes the user also faces an error in the Outlook application because of the fault in the Windows Operating System. So, in this blog you will read the solution of the Outlook Error Code 0x80070002.
Reason Of Outlook Error Code 0x80070002:
The reason of the Outlook error code 0x80070002 is when the users try to create a new account in their Microsoft Outlook application. The reasons are Windows file structure has corrupted (in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista) and also because of the inaccessibility of the location where PST file has located.
Solution to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80070002 in Window 10:
- Firstly, you should create a System Restore Point, just because if something goes wrong, then you can easily get back to the current situation.
- After this, you should check all the PST files that they are being created without any issues.
To check it, you should follow the given path:
C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Outlook Files
- Then, you have to press the Window Key + R button altogether, just to go to the AppData folder.
- Here, you have to type the word %localappdata% and then press the Enter key.
- You should again follow the path which is mentioned above.
- If you are not able to go to the path mentioned above, then in that case, you have to create the path manually.
- After this, you should go to the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents.
- Now, you have to create a New Folder and just named as OutlookNew.
- Again, you have to press Window Key + R keys altogether just to begin the Run utility.
- Now, you should type regedit and press Enter key.
- When the Registry Editor opens, you should go to the given key location:
- Now, in the Office Folder, you should open the folder named after the version of the Office software installed on your computer system.
This is the list for the version number:
Outlook 2007 = \12.0\
Outlook 2010 = \14.0\
Outlook 2013 = \15.0\
Outlook 2016 = \16.0\
- When you are in the appropriate folder, then you should right-click on the right panel. After this, you have to click on New and then you should click on String Value.
- You just have to Name that New key as the ForcePSTPath and then just click on OK button.
- Now, you have to right- clicks on it and then you should select the Modify option which is under the field of Value Data. You should enter the path of the OutlookNew folder which you created above and then click on the OK option.
- At last, you should close the Registry Editor and then just restart your computer system for saving all the changes.
Read Also – Incredible Way To Fix Outlook Error Code 8
The above method will help you to fix Outlook Error Code 0x80070002. But if you need any kind of support, then you can anytime call the customer care executive of MS Office. The experts are always available to help you and they are well trained and experienced to solve your problem. You can call from anywhere anytime.