Quick Method To Resolve Office 365 Error Code 255-11
Microsoft Office is the great software which is consists of many applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook etc. But some people encounters Office 365 Error Code 255-11 while installation. In this blog, you read the causes and solution to fix Office 365 Error Code 255-11.
Causes of Office 365 Error Code 255-11:
The causes of the Office 365 Error Code 255-11 are your antivirus or firewall might be blocking the Office installation, poor Internet connection or proxy settings are stopping from installing Office, previous version of Office suite also blocks the installation and incomplete installation of Office suite can also results in Office 365 Error Code 255-11.
Solution To Resolve Office 365 Error Code 255-11:
1: Disable Firewall And Antivirus:
- First, open the antivirus application which is there on your computer system.
- Now you have to click on Setting option and just go to the real-time protection.
- After this, you have to Turn Off real-time protection.
- Then you have to go to Antivirus firewall.
- Here you have to Turn off Antivirus firewall.
- If it asks for the confirmation then you have to click on YES or OK button.
- After this, just try to install or update Microsoft Office and then check the Error is fixed or not.
2: Initiate SFC Scan:
- First open command prompt in administrative privileges.
- Then you have to type “SFC /scannow “and hit enter key.
- Here automatically the scan will start.
- Now you just have to wait so that the scan completes and then just close the program.
- At the end, try to install or upgrade the Microsoft office and then check the error still persists or not.
3: Disable the Proxy:
- Go to Start option and then in the search box, you have to type “CMD”.
- Now you have to click on CMD.
- 3.Here in the command prompt, you have to select the command and then just hold ctrl+c and after this, you have to press ctrl+v.
4: Repair Window Registry:
- For this, you have to open registry editor.
- Then you have to remove the older registry key by deleting it.
- After this, go to the below keys and delete it.
Here you should change the DWORD values in below keys from 0 to 1 in Office common registry folder.
5: Uninstall and Reinstall MS Office:
Remove MS Office:
- First, you have to open control panel.
- Then you have to click on uninstall programs and features.
- After this, you have to search for Microsoft Office in the list.
- Just you have to select Microsoft Office and then click on uninstall button.
- When the uninstall process complete, then try to re-install Microsoft Office.
Installation of MS Office:
- First, you have to go to the Office My Account and then open it.
- Now you have to login by using your ID and password.
- After this, you have to click on the install option.
- Here you have to Save the installer setup and when you complete the download then run it.
- Now just reboot the computer and click on the Finish button.
This method will help you to resolve Office 365 Error Code 255-11. If you are still facing issues then you can visit to the official site of MS Office.