MS Office is the great software which offers so many applications to the user so that their work becomes easier and convenient. But sometimes the users encounter issues while installing MS Office. So, in this blog you will read the solution to fix Office Activation Error Code 0x80070426.
Solution to Fix Office Activation Error Code 0x80070426:
1: Check Responsible Services:
- First, you should open the ‘Start’ tab and then you have to type the ‘services.msc’ in the search field.
- Now, you should click on the ‘Enter’ key to open the ‘Windows Services Manager’ option.
- Here, you will see a ‘User Account Control’ or UAC prompt appears on your computer screen, and then you have to press ‘Yes’ tab to visit to the ‘Windows Service Manager’ utility window.
- Then you have to search the ‘Software Licensing Service’ service entry from the list which is in the computer screen.
- After this, you have to right click on ‘Software Licensing Service’ and then select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Here, you just ensure that the ‘Startup Type’ is set to ‘Automatic’ mode.
- When it is finished, you have to press the ‘Start’ tab to start the services and just you should close all the ‘Services Manager’ window.
- Then you have to press the Windows + R keys together just to open the ‘Run Utility’ option.
- Now, in the run utility box you should enter ‘cmd’ and tap on the ‘Enter’ key just to open a command prompt box.
- Here, in the command prompt box, you have to type each command one after the other:
net start slsvc
sc qc slsvc
sc query slsvc
sc qprivs slsvc
sc qsidtype slsvc
sc sdshow slsvc
Now, just check the Office Activation error code 0x80070426 is solved or not. If in case, the error is still there, then you should follow the next step.
2: Manually Run Office Activation Script:
- For this, you should go to the ‘Start’ menu, and then you have to type the ‘cmd’ command and then just right click the ‘Command Box’ from the search result.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Run as Administrator’ tab to open the Command Prompt with the admin privileges.
- Then, you have to go to the following location in the Command line utility, if you are using the Office 2016:
- x86: Go to the C:\Program Files (x86), and then you have to choose ‘Microsoft Office’ and then you should go to the ‘Office16’.
- x64: Go to the C:\Program Files, and then you should click on ‘Microsoft Office’ and then just choose ‘Office16’.
- If in case, you are using an older version of Microsoft Office, then you should go to the below-given locations:
- x86: You have to open C:\Program Files (x86), and then you should go to the ‘Microsoft Office’ and then just choose ‘OfficeXX.’
- x64: Go to the C:\Program Files, and then you should select the ‘Microsoft Office’ and then you should choose ‘OfficeXX.’
- Here, you have to enter the following command just to run the Activation Script and then tap on the ‘Enter’ key:
- When you enter the command, then it will activate the MS Office.
Read Also – How to Resolve Office 365 Error Code 0x745f10b5?
The above method helps to solve Office Activation Error Code 0x80070426. If in case, you are having any kind of issues then you can contact to the customer care executive of MS Office anytime.