Microsoft Office is well known software which is used for home and business purpose. But some people encounter error like Office Error Code 0x15 while installing and upgrading Microsoft Office in their computer. This error is relevant to the version like Microsoft Office 2013, Office 2016, and Microsoft Office 365. In this blog, you will read the causes and solution of Office Error Code 0x15.
Indication Of Office Error Code 0x15:
The indications of this error code are if installation process stops in between, error message will display on your computer screen when you open Office 365, 2013, 2010, and also your computer hangs and gives slow performance.
Causes of the Office Error Code 0x15:
The causes of the Office Error Code 0x15 are if there is corrupt version of MS Office in the computer, if MS Office already installed in the system, Active proxy setting, if there is Domain Name System conflict issue, poor connectivity while installing MS Office, and sometimes firewall block the installation process.
Solution To Fix Office Error Code 0x15:
1: Remove the temp files:
- First go to the path of Disk Clean up for C:\Windows\Temp
- Now you have to select all the files which you want to delete.
- You have to select the temp file and just type %temp% in start menu search bar.
- The files which are running in the background, you just have to delete all the files.
2: Turn off windows firewall:
While installing MS Office, error also occurs due to the active security setting and antivirus. To remove the error, you have to turn off the antivirus.
3: Perform the sfc scan:
1. First, you have to click on the start button.
2. Then you have to type CMD in the search bar.
3. Here you have to right-click on it and just run as an Administrator.
4. After this, you have to type the command SFC /SCANNOW in the command window.
5. At last, you have to press <ENTER>.
4: Repair Existing Office Software:
To fix the error, you have to repair to the existing Office suite on your computer.
- For Windows 7, you have to click on Start menu and then you have to choose the Control Panel.
- Now you have to select Programs option and then just choose the button ‘Programs and Features’.
- After this, you have to scroll down and just select the Office product.
- Now just click the button ‘Change’ which is located above the Window.
- At the end, you have to select the ‘Quick Repair’ button. Wait for sometime so that the repairing process of the Office Program is completed.
5: Re-install the Office from MS account:
1. First you have to go to Microsoft office account.
2. Then you have to login with your Microsoft account.
3. After this, you just have to click on the install button.
4. Now just click on downloaded files and install.
5. Here you will see the Office is installed and the error is fixed
6. When the installation process completed, just you have to click on all done button.
This method will fix the issue Office Error Code 0x15. If you are still facing the error then you can visit to the official site of MS Office.