Norton antivirus is the amazing security software which secures your device from external or internal threat. It is very simple to use but some customers encounters problem while installing Norton product. In this blog, you will read the solution of the Norton Error Code 3048 3.
Symptoms of Norton Error Code 3048 3:
The symptoms of Norton Error Code 3048 3 are when it crashes the active program window, your computer system frequently crashes with Error, Norton Error 3048 3 is displayed on your computer screen, Windows runs sluggishly and slowly, computer hangs up for a few seconds, Windows startup or shutdown and installation of the Windows operating system.
Causes of Norton Error Code 3048 3:
The causes of Norton Error Code 3048 3 are corrupt download of Norton, if incomplete installation of Antivirus, corruption in Windows registry from a recent Norton, virus or malware infection has corrupted the Windows system files and mistakenly deleted Norton related files.
Solution to Fix Norton Error Code 3048 3:
- Repair Windows Registry Entries to fix Norton Error 3048 3 :
- First, you should open the Run dialog box, and then type cmd in the search box and after this, just tap on Enter key while holding Ctrl + Shift altogether.
- Now you should click Yes option to allow the permission to make changes. And then you have to type ‘regedit’ in the command prompt.
- Here in the registry editor, you have to select the error 3048 3 related key. And after this, you should select Export option from the File menu.
- Then from the Save In list, you have to select the folder name to save the registry key backup. And after this, you have to type the filename in the given field.
- You should select the Selected Branch option from the Export range and then you have to click on Save option.
- Here you have to save the file with .reg extension on your computer system.
2. Run Live Update
1. You have to open Norton application just by clicking on Norton icon. 2. Now in the Norton window, you have to click on Device Security, and then click on Open.
3. In the window, you have to double tap Security, and then click on LiveUpdate.
4. After Updates is done, then you have to click on OK button.
5. You will receive the popup LiveUpdate message, “Your Norton item has the most recent security refreshes”.
6. At last, restart your PC to save the changes.
- Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool:
- For this, you have to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and just save the file to Windows work area. Generally the file automatically saves to its default location.
- To open the Downloads window in your program you have to press Ctrl + J key.
- You have to double click on the NRnR symbol.
- After this, you have to read the license agreement and click on Agree term.
- Now you should click on Remove and Reinstall option.
- Here you will see the Remove button if your product is from the service provider.
- Now you have to click on Continue or Remove option.
- After this, you have to click on Restart Now option.
- When the PC restarts, just follow the guidelines to reinstall Norton antivirus in your device.
The above method will fix the Norton Error Code 3048 3. In case, you are still facing issues then you can visit to the site of Norton Antivirus.