McAfee antivirus is the robust security software available in the market. It protects the user’s device from all kind of cyber threat like malware and viruses. Some people face the issues like McAfee Error Code 259 when this antivirus fails or crashes while running. In this blog, you will read the solution of McAfee Error Code 259.
Symptoms of This McAfee Error Code 259:
The symptoms of this McAfee Error Code 259 are when there is instances of file deletion, virus infection and also due to drop in internet connection speed.
Causes of McAfee Error Code 259:
The causes of McAfee Error Code 259 are incompatible program running at the same time, memory problem, bad graphic drivers and virus infections.
Solution To Repair McAfee Error Code 259:
1: Close Conflicting Program:
- First click on Ctrl-Alt-Del altogether to open the task manager. In this you will view the list of programs which are currently running.
- Then you have to go to the Processes tab and then stop the programs one by one and then click on the End Process button.
- After this, you just observe that the error message will reoccur each time when you stop a process.
- When you came to know which program is causing the error then follow the next step to solve the issue.
2: Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programs:
By using Control Panel
- For Windows 7, you have to tap on the Start Button, then just click on the Control panel, after this you just Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 8, hit the Start option, and then you have to scroll down and hit on More Settings option. After this, you just click on Control panel and then select Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, you should type Control Panel in the search box and then click the result, here you have to click Uninstall a program.
- In Programs and Features option, you have to click the problem program and then tap on Update or Uninstall.
- If you select update, then just follow the prompt to complete the procedure, and if you select Uninstall, then follow the prompt to uninstall and then reinstall the program.
3: Update Virus protection software and install the latest Windows Update:
You should immediately update your Virus protection software as Virus infection may be causing the error on your PC so it should be prevented, quarantined or deleted. You should also run a thorough scan of your PC and then run Windows update to get the latest fixes and features.
4: Re-install Runtime Libraries:
1. First go to Programs and Features, and then find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
2. Then click on Uninstall option, and then, reboot your computer.
3. After this, just download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft and then just install it.
5: Run Disk Cleanup:
1. First back up your files and just free up space on your hard drive.
2. Just clear your cache and then reboot your computer.
3. After this, run Disk Cleanup, and then open your explorer window. After this, right click your main directory that is usually C: .
4. Now you have to hit Properties and then tap on Disk Cleanup option.
6: Reinstall Graphics Driver:
1. First, open your Device Manager, and then find the graphics driver.
2. After this, right click the video card driver and then click on uninstall option. Now just restart your computer system.
Read Also – How To Get Rid Of McAfee Error Code 76567?
This method will solve the McAfee Error Code 259. If you still have issues then you contact to the customer care team of McAfee.