McAfee antivirus is the popular antivirus which protects your gadget from all kind of external and internal threat. But some users face McAfee Error Code 5, while installing this antivirus. In this blog, you will read the symptoms, causes and solution of McAfee error code 5.
Symptoms Of McAfee Error Code 5:
The symptoms of McAfee error code 5 are you will get a display “Error 5”message, your computer system suddenly crashes or shuts down, frequent restart of your computer, your computer system is giving slow and sluggish performance and freezing of your computer system.
Causes of McAfee Error Code 5:
The causes of McAfee Error Code 5 are due to incomplete installation and corrupt download of McAfee antivirus software, Corrupted Windows registry, Malware infections or virus infections, and changes in the McAfee files because of other program installations.
Read Also – How To Get Rid Of McAfee Error Code 76567?
Solution to fix this McAfee Virus Scan Error 5:
1: Malware Scanning of the system: It is possible that viruses or Malware infections may be the reason of this McAfee error 5. Because virus or malware infection corrupts and damages the files. So, it is recommended that to do a malware scan to remove the infections in your computer system.
2: Clean up Junk or temporary files: As Junks files slow down your computer system. So you should regularly clean temporary and junk files. This will improve the performance of your computer system.
- First you have to go to start button and then open the command prompt window.
- After this, you have to type “cleanmgr” command in the window.
- You will see the Disk clean up will begin cleaning the junks files from your computer system.
3: Update Driver: You should regularly update your computer system with the latest drivers.
- You can use Driver Doc for updating the drivers automatically.
- This Driver Doc utility keeps the backup of your computer systems old drivers.
- If you face any issue then the Driver Doc rolls back all drivers to its previous version.
4: Repair Windows registry:
1. You have to go to start button and then just open the command prompt.
2. Now in the command window, you have to type command “regedit”.
3. Here you have to identify the McAfee Error related entries and then you have to take the backup of the key.
5: Windows Updates Installation:
It is possible that incomplete updates and corrupted files is the reason of this error. So, it is very necessary that you update your computer system with the latest Microsoft Window patches.
6: Reinstall McAfee antivirus program:
Uninstall the existing McAfee antivirus:
- For this, first go to the control panel option.
- Then you have to select the programs and features option.
- After this, you have to select the McAfee antivirus program and then just uninstall it.
- Here you have to follow the instructions to uninstall McAfee Antivirus.
- Again try to install McAfee antivirus program in your device.
- At the end, just restart your computer system when the installation is complete.
This procedure will help you to fix the McAfee Error Code 5. In case if you are still facing issues then you can visit to the official site of McAfee.