McAfee antivirus is the robust security software which secures your valuable document from internal and external threat. It provides user friendly interface but still some users encounters errors like McAfee Error Code 3299. In this blog, you will read the symptoms, causes and solution of McAfee Error Code 3299.
Symptoms to McAfee Error Code 3299:
The symptoms of McAfee Error Code 3299 are when it crashes the active program window, your Computer system frequently crashes, Windows runs sluggishly and slowly and also your computer “freezes” for some time.
Causes of McAfee Error Code 3299:
The causes of McAfee Error Code 3299 are corrupt download or incomplete installation of McAfee Antivirus, corruption in Windows registry; virus or malware infection has corrupted Windows system files and also maliciously deleted McAfee Antivirus-related files.
Solution to Fix McAfee Error Code 3299:
1. Repair Registry Entries:
- First, you should click on the Start button and type “command” in the search box.
- Then press CTRL-Shift key and then hit on Enter key.
- You have to click on Yes option in the permission dialog box.
- Here the black box will open and you should type “regedit” and press Enter key.
- Now in the Registry Editor, you have to select the Error related key which you want to back up.
- You should choose Export option from the File menu.
- Then in the Save In list, just select the folder to save the McAfee backup key.
- Type a name for your backup file in the File Name box.
- Just select the “Selected Branch” in the Export Range box.
- Now, click on Save option.
- The file will be saved as .reg file extension.
- Now you get a backup of your McAfee Antivirus-related registry entry.
2. Complete Malware Scan For PC:
It is possible that error may be occur because malware infection in your device. As malware can download, corrupt or remove error related files.
3. Clean out Junk Files with Disk Cleanup:
- First, click on the Start button and then type “command” in the search box.
- After this, pres CTRL-Shift key and tap on Enter key.
- Click on Yes option in the permission dialog box.
- Here, the black box will open and then type “cleanmgr” and tap on Enter key.
- Now, Disk Cleanup will calculate the free up space in Disk Space.
- Here the Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear and the “Temporary Files” category has occupied the most disk space.
- You should also check the boxes of the categories which you want to clean and then click on OK button.
4. Use Window System Restore:
- You should click on the Start option and type “System Restore” in the search box and press Enter key.
- Now in the results, just click System Restore option
- Here, just enter any administrator passwords.
- Then follow the steps in the Wizard to select a restore point.
- At last, just restore your computer system.
5.Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee Antivirus:
1. You should click on Start option and then open Programs and Features options.
2. After this, just click on Control Panel which is there on the right side of the screen.
3. Now, click on Programs and then select Programs and Features.
4. You should find Mcafee Error linked program under the Name column.
5. Then click on the McAfee Antivirus-associated entry.
6. Just click on the Uninstall button and follow the instruction to complete the procedure.
7. At last, again try to install McAfee antivirus in your device.
This method will solve the McAfee Error Code 3299. But in case, you are facing issues then just visit to the site of McAfee.