Kaspersky is widely known security software which protects your device from unauthorized access. This software is easy to use but some user’s encounters issues like Kaspersky Error Code 1603 while installing this software. In this article, you will read the symptoms, causes and solution of Kaspersky Error Code 1603.
Symptoms Of Kaspersky Error Code 1603:
The symptoms of Kaspersky Error Code 1603 are it crashes the active program window, your computer crashes while running the same program, Windows runs slowly and sluggishly and also your devices like mouse and keyboard attached to your computer runs slowly, and your PC “freezes” for a few seconds.
Causes of Kaspersky Error Code 1603:
The causes of Kaspersky error code 1603 are incomplete installation or Corrupt download of Kaspersky Antivirus software, corruption in Windows registry, Malware or virus infection might have corrupted Windows system files and program by mistake deleted which are linked with the Kaspersky antivirus.
Solution To Fix Kaspersky Error Code 1603:
1: Update Drivers:
- First you have to click on the Start menu which is located at the bottom-left side of the computer screen.
- Then you have to type “device manager” in the search bar and tap on Enter key.
- Here from the results, you have to double-click on the Device Manager tab.
- Now in the Device Manager window, just right-click on the hardware icon and then you has to select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- After this, you have to click on the Driver tab and then just select the Update Driver option.
- At the end, you have to restart your Windows and then check if the error is fixed or not.
2: Initiate Scan To Repair Corrupted Files:
- Just click on the Start menu and then type “cmd” in the search bar.
- Then just right-click on the Command Prompt app.
- Now from the pop-up menu, you just have to select the Run as administrator.
- After this, in the Command Prompt window, you have to type the “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” command and then tap on Enter key.
- Just you have to wait for sometime so that the DISM tool runs the scan.
- Once the scan completes, you have to check for the corrupted or infected files.
- Then type the “sfc /scannow” command and press Enter key.
- Just wait so that the scan finishes.
- This will repair all the corrupted files. Now check the issue is fixed or not.
3: Uninstall and then Reinstall Kaspersky Antivirus:
- First, go to the Windows Control Panel and then just click on the Uninstall a Program tab.
- After this, just select the Kaspersky Antivirus software and its related files from the list of programs.
- Then you have to select the Kaspersky products, just you have to click on the Uninstall button.
- Just click on the OK button to confirm the changes.
- Here you have to open the Run panel by pressing the Windows + R keys altogether.
- Just enter “Regedit” in the Run dialog box and then hit on OK button.
- Now, in the Registry Editor window, you have to go to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /MACHINE /SOFTWARE /Microsoft /Windows /CurrentVersion /Uninstall” file path.
- After this, you have to choose the Kaspersky software and then right-click on the Uninstall String icon.
- Now you have to copy the highlighted text and then close the Registry Editor window.
- Here go to the Start menu and then paste the copied text in the search bar.
- If prompt for the confirmation, then hit the OK button.
- Just you have to download the Kaspersky Antivirus software from the official site of Kaspersky and then reinstall it on your Windows.
- At last, check the Kaspersky error is fixed or not.
This method will resolve the Kaspersky Error Code 1603. If you are still facing issues then you can contact to the expert of Kaspersky team anytime.