Bitdefender VPN error code 1009 occurs when you connect VPN application to a network for the first time. In this article, you will read what the reasons of Bitdefender VPN error code 1009 are and how you can solve it.
Causes of the Bitdefender VPN Error Code 1009:
The causes of this error code are if you are not connected to the internet, firewall might block the VPN connection, using another VPN or proxy at the same time, public Wi-Fi might block the ports so in this case you should contact to the network administrator which will help you to connect, poor network connection, and also if you are using the wrong DNS input.
Best Solution For the Bitdefender VPN Error Code 1009:
- Check Internet Connection:
- You should ensure that the Bitdefender VPN is properly connected to the internet or Wi-Fi.
- In case, if you are not connected to internet, then just open the Internet settings and also you should make sure there is no IP conflict occur.
2. Change the DNS:
- First of all, you have to click on the Window logo and then navigate to the Control Panel and then just choose “Network and Internet”.
- Now, you have to select “Network and Sharing Center” icon by just clicking on it.
- After this, you have to select “Change Adapter Settings” and then just double click on the active network connection.
- Here the pop-up window will display on your computer screen. Then you have to choose the Properties option.
- Now, you have to find the Ethernet Properties tab and then just select “Internet Protocol Version 4”. Then just click on Properties.
- In the new window, you have to select the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- Now you have to enter the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server and then click on OK button.
- At the end, you have to restart your computer.
3. Configure Firewall:
- For this, you have to open firewall and then check whether the Bitdefender VPN is enabled in firewall or not.
- If it is not enabled, then you have to add Bitdefender VPN in exception to the firewall.
- At the end, you have to restart your computer system to connect to internet with exception.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall Bitdefender VPN:
1. First you have to press Window + X, then you will find the menu.
2. After this, click on Control Panel.
3. Then you have to select Uninstall complete Bitdefender with package from your computer system.
4. Now, you have to clear temporary files and cookies from your computer system.
5. Here you have to download latest version of VPN from Bitdefender official site.
6. After this, you have to right click on Bitdefender setup and then run as a administrator.
7. Now, restart your computer system and then just check that VPN is connected to internet.
5. Enable VPN Adapter:
1. First, go to the Windows Start menu and then you have to click on the Command Prompt.
2. Then, you have to type ncpa.cpl in the box and then press the Enter key.
3. Now in this window, you have to select the “Adapter AnchorFree TAP-Windows Adapter V9” option and then right-click on it.
4. Here, you have to select the Enable option and then connect to Bitdefender VPN for once again.
This method will help you to fix the Bitdefender VPN error code 1009. In case, if you are still facing issues then you can call the expert any time on their toll free number.