Bitdefender is the excellent antivirus software but some users encounter the VPN error code 1004. In this blog, you will read the causes and solution and the solution of Bitdefender Error Code 1004.
Causes Of Bitdefender VPN Error Code 1004:
The causes of this error code 1004 are the endpoint of the Bitdefender Security Tools is not configured correctly, if there are older version of the Bitdefender files, upgradation to the latest version causes file conflict, pirated software Installation can freeze any running program in the Bitdefender, if your registry files and Bitdefender data gets corrupted and also failing to update the Bitdefender program.
Solution To Bitdefender VPN Error Code 1004:
1: Reinstalling Bitdefender Application:
- First go to the Start button and then select Control Panel from the available list. Then you have to double click to open the application window.
- You can also click on the Windows +R key altogether to open the Run box.
- Now, you have to type the Control Panel and press the Enter key.
- Then locate the Bitdefender antivirus application and right-click on it to open the list.
- After this, just click on the Uninstall option.
- When the uninstallation process complete, just you have to reboot the PC. After this, you again have to install it from the official website of Bitdefender.
- Follow the instructions to finish the installation process.
- When the installation finishes, you have to restart the PC.
- After restart, you have to open the Bitdefender antivirus.
- Now, just go to the Privacy section which is in the Bitdefender application window.
- After this, you have to press VPN tap.
- Now, open VPN tab which is under the VPN category and check VPN opens or not.
2: Updating the Operating System:
- You have to open the Settings window and type Settings and then press Enter.
- You will see Settings window now. Now go to the Update and Security option.
- Now move to the Update section which is in the upper left corner.
- Just click on the Check button in the Update option. When you locate the update, you have to click on Update option.
- You have to reboot the PC and check the Bitdefender VPN error is fixed or not.
3: Modifying the DNS:
- First you have to open the Control Panel section.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the Network and Internet section.
- Now, go to the Network and Sharing Center option which is in the Network and Internet section.
- After this, click on the Change Adapter settings option.
- Just double-click on the Active adapter.
- Here press the Properties option which is in the Network settings tab.
- After this, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 in the Connection Users list and press the Properties option.
- Just establish the DNS server address as Preferred DNS server 18.104.22.168 and the Alternate DNS server 22.214.171.124 which is in the Internet Protocol Version 4 properties window.
4: By Running the SFC Scan:
1. You have to press Windows +S key to open the Search box.
2. Now, you have to type “cmd” and then right-click on it.
3. Then, you have to enter SFC/scannow to run this command and press Enter key.
4. After this, you have to restart the P.C.
5. Now, open the Bitdefender application and check the error is fixed or not.
5: Fix the BitDefender Files:
- Press Windows +R key to launch the Run box.
- Then, type “Regedit” in the Run box and press OK option.
- Now you have to keep the Back up of the Registry Editor error related key.
- Go to the File menu and then press Export option.
- Just select the folder in your system to keep the backup of the Bitdefender Antivirus from the Save option which is in the menu list.
- Here you have to type “Backup file” in the File Name box.
- Then, you have to choose the Selected Branch option in the Export Range box.
- Now tap on the Save option. Here you will find the file saved with the .reg file extension.
If you are still facing error then you can contact to the expert anytime on their toll free number.