Bitdefender antivirus is very easy to use and it supports all the internet connected devices. But sometimes the user faces the Bitdefender error code 1018. In this blog, you will read the causes and symptoms of this Bitdefender error code 1018.
Symptoms of this Bitdefender Error Code 1018:
The symptoms of this error are it crashes the active program window, PC frequently crashes with the error, Windows runs sluggishly and your computer freezes for a few seconds.
Causes of this Bitdefender Error Code 1018:
The causes of this Bitdefender error code 1018 are corrupt download of antivirus, incomplete installation of Bitdefender Antivirus, corruption in Windows registry; virus or malware infection has corrupted the Windows system files and mistakenly deleted Bitdefender Antivirus-related files.
Solution of this Bitdefender Error Code 1018:
1. Repair Registry Entries:
- First you have to click on the Start button and just type the “command” in the search box.
- After this, you have to hold and press CTRL-Shift on your keyboard and then just tap on Enter key.
- It will asks for the permission in the dialog box and then you have to click on Yes button.
- Here the black box will open and you have to type “regedit” and press Enter key.
- Now in the Registry Editor, you have to select the Error 1018-related key which you want to back up.
- Then from the File menu, you have to choose Export option.
- Here in the Save In list, you have to select the folder in which you will save the Bitdefender Antivirus backup key.
- Now in the File Name box, you have to type a name for your backup file.
- Then in the Export Range box, you have to select “Selected branch” and then click on Save option.
- Now the file will be saved with a .reg file extension and you have the backup of your BitDefender Antivirus-related registry entry.
2. Malware Scan:
Malware can damage, corrupt, or even delete Runtime Errors-related files so you should conduct a full malware scan on your device.
3. With Disk Cleanup Cleanout Junk Files:
- First just click on the Start button and then type “command” in the search box.
- Then you have to hold CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, and press Enter key.
- It will prompt for the permission and then you have to click on Yes option.
- When a black box will open then you have to type “cleanmgr” and tap on Enter key.
- Disk Cleanup will calculate the occupied disk space.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear and you have to check the boxes of the categories which you want to clean and then click OK button.
4. Use Window System Restore to Undo System Changes:
- For this, you have to click on the Start button and then in the search box, you have to type “System Restore” and press Enter key.
- Now in the results, you have to click System Restore.
- Then you have to enter any administrator passwords.
- Follow the instruction to choose a restore point.
- At last, restore your computer system.
5.Uninstall and Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus:
1. First click on Start button and open Programs and Features option.
2. Then click on Control Panel option.
3. After this, click on Programs and then click on Programs and Features.
4. Now you have to find Bitdefender Error linked program under the Name column.
5. Here you have to click on the Bitdefender Antivirus-associated entry.
6. Now, click on Uninstall button and follow the instruction to complete the uninstallation process. Again try to reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus program.
6. Install Window Updates:
1. First you have to click on the Start button and then type “update” in the search box and press Enter key.
2. Here you will see the Windows Update dialog box.
3. If you see the updates then just click the Install Updates button.
This method will fix the Bitdefender Antivirus Error Code 1018. If you are still facing the error then you can call the expert on their toll free number.