AVG antivirus is the widely known security software which scans the data of your device to protect it from malware and viruses. And it is easy to install but some users faces error while installing AVG in their devices. In this blog, you will read the solution to fix AVG Error Code 0xe001f90b.
Causes Of AVG Error Code 0xe001f90b:
The cause of the AVG Error Code 0xe001f90b is due to Registry errors, in which when the new programs are installed over old ones without deleting the old programs. This error also occurs because of the malware infections like adware, spyware, and viruses.
Solutions to Fix AVG Error Code 0xe001f90b:
1: Repair System Registry Entries:
If you repair the Windows registry entries, this will solve the error code AVG 0xe001f90b. But if you do not fix it this will become difficult to modify / add / delete registry values or subkeys. You should first think about the registry commands which you have to run on your computer system. Then run the most appropriate commands, like add, modify, or delete commands, just to execute the correct subkeys / values.
2: Complete Malware Scan on your PC:
- You should turn your computer to safe mode.
- Then you should Delete the temporary files. In the “Run” dialogue box, you should type the cleaning commands—%temp %, recent, or prefetch command.
- After this, you should download the “malware scanners” on your computer system.
- At last, you should run a full malware scan by using Malwarebytes.
3: Remove Temp Files:
- First, go to the Start menu and then type Command Prompt in the search field and this will open the “Command Prompt window.
- You have to enter “Cleanmgr” in the command prompt window and then press the “enter” key.
4: Update Device Drivers:
The corrupted PC device drivers will cause damage to your system and it might result in AVG error code 0xe001f90b. So, you should update or upgrade your system device driver.
5: Use “Windows System Restore”:
- First, you should click the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- Then you have to enter “System Restore” in the search field.
- In the given results, you should click on the option “System Restore”.
- Then you should type the “administrator password” if it prompts and press “enter” key .
- Follow the steps given on the screen to get a restore point.
- Now, you have to restore your computer system.
6: Uninstall/reinstall the AVG software:
1. Click on “Control Panel” which is located in the left side of the PC.
2. Then, click on “Programs” and then select “Programs and Features”.
3. Here, you will find the program linked with the code “AVG error code 0xe001f90b”.
4. Now, you have to click on the “Uninstall” button at the top.
After uninstalling AVG antivirus, again try to reinstall AVG antivirus in your device.
7: Complete “Windows System File Checker”:
- Go to Start menu and the type Command Prompt in the search bar and press Enter key. This will open the “Command Prompt” window.
- Here you have to Enter the “SFC / scannow” history cleanup command in the “Command Prompt” window.
This method will fix AVG Error Code 0xe001f90b. If in case, you are still facing the error then you can visit to the site of AVG antivirus for details.