Avast antivirus is the best security program which gives full security to your device and data from threat. But some users encounter errors while installing this antivirus in their devices. In this blog, you will read the symptoms, causes and solution of Avast Error Code 1053.
Symptoms Of Avast Error Code 1053:
The symptoms of Avast Error Code 1053 are when error crashes the active program window; your PC frequently crashes, when Avast error 1053 appears on your computer screen, when window runs slowly, and also when computer freezes for seconds.
Causes of Avast Error Code 1053:
The causes of Avast Error Code 1053 are corrupt download of software or incomplete installation of Avast Antivirus, corrupt Window registry, Virus or malware has infected the Windows system files and also other program has mistakenly deleted Avast Antivirus-related files.
Solution To Fix Avast Error Code 1053:
1: Repair Window Registry linked with Error:
- Click on the Start option and then type “command” in the search box.
- Now, press CTRL-Shift altogether and tap on Enter key.
- You should tap on Yes option when it asks for the permission.
- Here, the black box will open up with a blinking cursor.
- Then, type “regedit” and click on Enter.
- You have to select the Error 1053-related key which you want to back up in the Registry Editor.
- Then choose Export option from the File menu.
- Just select the folder in which you want to save the Avast backup key in the Save in list.
- In the File Name box, you have to write the name for your backup file.
- In the Export Range box, you must select the “Selected branch” option and click on Save option.
- Now, the file will be saved as a .reg file extension.
- Here you get the backup of your Avast related registry entry.
2: Perform Malware Scan of Your PC:
The error might be occurring because of the malware infection in your PC. As malware damage and corrupt the error related files.
3: Run Disk Cleanup to Clean out Junk Files:
- Go to the Start button and then write “command” in the search box.
- Then you should hold and press CTRL+SHIFT key together and click on Enter.
- In the permission dialog box, you should click on Yes option.
- Now, the black box open up and you have to type “cleanmgr” and tap on Enter.
- Here the Disk Cleanup will calculate the disk space to free up.
- In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, you will see the series of checkboxes. Here you have to select the “Temporary Files” category as it occupies the maximum disk space.
- You can also check the boxes of the categories which you want to clean and hit on OK button.
4: Use System Restore:
- Go to the Start option and type System Restore and press Enter key.
- Now in the results, you should click on System Restore.
- Here you have to enter the administrator passwords.
- After this, follow the instructions in the Wizard for choosing a restore point.
- At last, you should restore your computer system.
5:Uninstall and Reinstall Avast Antivirus:
1. You should open Programs and Features section just by clicking on the Start option.
2. After this, just click on Control Panel option.
3. Now, you have to click on Programs option and then select Programs and Features.
4. Under Name column, just locate Avast Error related program.
5. Then, you should click on the Avast associated entry.
6. After this, you should click on the Uninstall button and follow the directions to complete the uninstallation process.
7. After un-installing, you should again install Avast antivirus in your device.
This method will fix the Avast Error Code 1053. If the problem still persists then you can visit to the official site of Avast Antivirus.