Avast antivirus is amazing antivirus which protects the user device and data from all kind of internet threat. But sometimes Avast user faces error like 42125 while installing this antivirus in their devices. In this blog, you will read the causes and solution of Avast Error Code 42125.
Symptoms of Avast Error Code 42125:
The symptoms of Avast Error Code 42125 are if you are finding your keyboard and mouse works very slowly, frequent freezing of the system and also sometimes error occur during the installation of the antivirus program in the PC.
Causes of Avast Error Code 42125:
The causes of Avast Error Code 42125 are incomplete Installation of Avast antivirus, corrupt downloading of the Avast Antivirus; antivirus related files might have corrupted the Windows registry, Windows System files affected by any Virus or malware infection and also by mistake antivirus related files have been delete or files are missing.
Solution To Resolve Avast Error Code 42125:
1: Clean Junk Files:
- First you have to click on the Start menu.
- Just open the search box and you have to type cmd to launch the command prompt.
- Now you have to press Ctrl + Shift at the same time and then hit Enter key.
- Here you will see the permission dialog box on your system screen.
- You have to click on Yes option.
- After this, black box will appear on your computer screen.
- Now in that box, you have to type cleanmgr and hit Enter key.
- Disk Cleanup will begin to calculating how much space is occupied with the junk files. Mostly, temporary files occupy the maximum space.
- After this, you have to check the box which you want to clean and then press on Ok button.
2: Update Device Driver:
- First you have to click on the “Start” option, and then enter Device Manager in the search box.
- Now you have to select it from the results displayed.
- After this, just click on the Expand icon and then select your device from the category, then just right-click and hold it and after this, select “Update Driver”.
- At the end, you have to select Search automatically for the updated driver software.
3: Scan Your Computer:
- For this, you have to click on the Start button and then just open the Search box.
- Now in the search box, you have to type cmd and then right click on the search result to open the list. Here you have to select Run as administrator.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, you have to type ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit Enter button.
- After you complete the scan, you have to reboot your system and then just check the error is fixed or not.
4: Reinstall Avast Antivirus:
1. First you have to go to the Control Panel option and then select Program and Features option.
2. Now you have search for Avast Antivirus Error program under the column.
3. The you have to click on that option.
4. After this, you have to click on uninstall option to uninstall the avast program.
5. At last, restart your system.
After uninstalling, you again try to reinstall Avast antivirus on your device.
Read Also – Easy Method To Fix Avast Error Code 42110
5: Install Window Updates:
- First, just click on the Start button.
- Now you have to type “update” in the search box and hit Enter.
- Here you will see the Windows Update dialog box.
- If you see the updates are available, then you have to click the Install Updates button.
This method will solve the Avast Error Code 42125. But incase, if you are still facing problem then you can visit to the official site of Avast.